Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Friday, May 16, 2008

DO NOT GO TO DAVID'S BRIDAL in TOLEDO

Don't even think of going here. I made an appointment for my bridal gown. The woman brought me several off the rack to try. My appointment was at 3pm. It was after 4pm before I ever had the first gown on my body. She walked around the store and cleaned out the dressing room for a half an hour before even asking me what I'd like to try. When I wanted to try more gowns on, I asked if I could go choose more styles from my size on the rack. She told me that I couldn't and handed me their catalogue and told me to pick from there. I couldn't believe that I was standing in a store full of wedding gowns that she refused to let me look at. I really should have left at that point but I persisted. So I actually found a beautiful gown for me. I then chose jewelry, veil, tiara and all the details. It took almost 4 hours and I only tried on 4 gowns. It was truly an unbelieveably bad customer service experience. Now, I absolutely realized that this is a large chain operation. But it's the bridal business for gosh sake...don't they know who their customer base is for sure? Anyway, I found a wonderful LOCAL bridal salon, Gallippo's on Summit Street that gave me the most wonderful and personalized service. I had an appointment the day after the one at David's so I didn't make a decision about the David's gown until I went to Gallippo's. After such a GREAT experience at Gallippo's, there was NO way I was buying at David's Bridal. I bought a beautiful designer gown at Gallippo's for not that much more than what David's was going to charge me. Unfortunately, I had to use David's for my bridesmaids gowns because my girls were scattered throughout the east coast and midwest. Again, I went with my bridesmaids while they tried on gowns and we chose my colors and gowns. I will say that the woman who assisted us was GREAT in Toledo (I think her name is Janisha). The problem came in with the delivery and shipping. When we made the order we paid for shipping so that the bridesmaids gowns could be shipped to one of the bridesmaids who happened to live somewhere where there was not a David's Bridal Store. We were told that the gowns first come to the Toledo store and then have to be shipped to the customer from there. No problem. We gave them all the information. So then weeks later I get a call that the gowns are in and to come get them. Having remembered the nightmare of trying on my wedding gowns, I prepared myself for rudeness and incompetence. I was not disappointed. They had NO record of paying for shipping and no names or addresses. They insisted that we had not paid for shipping because they had no record of it. I called my bridesmaids and had them check their receipts. Sure enough the receipts had the shipping charges and shipping addresses. I called the store again and explained that I had the receipts. They argued with me again. Finally, someone admitted that they had a new shipping person who might be making a mistake and they would look into it. On day 3 of attempting to straighten this out, they called and again had no information. I went through the whole story again and then they said they would ship them for me to resolve the matter. I reminded them that we PAID for the shipping so they weren't doing me any favor. So finally the gowns were shipped. Bottom line, DO NOT GO TO DAVID'S BRIDAL in TOLEDO! Buy local! Just as a side note, my mother and other bridesmaids used the David's Bridal in Wilkes Barre to get their gowns and they had a good experience at least with trying them on and ordering.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, August 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got married in March of 2008. I got my wedding gown and all my bridesmaid's dresses at David's in Toledo. 3 of my bridesmaids' gowns didn't fit (even though the same size fit when they tried on the dresses in the store) and had to be re-ordered. Also, they refused to dye shoes that were not purchased there even though my MOH offered to pay for the dyeing. Now, I have to get a dress for a Quinceanera that I am in. The sales rep never bothered to tell me that the dress I ordered was THE ONLY dress that I could not get b/c the damas were wearing that dress. They told me that I could return the dress, but I am still fighting with them about getting a refund for the $20 "rush" fee. I had to order online to get another dress in time, and can't get my discount for doing so (since my niece who is having the Quince bought her dress at David's). This place is nothing but one disaster after another. I agree, DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!!! It will only give you headache. I used to work in a small bridal boutique and we never had these kinds of problems EVER!

 
At 2:24 PM, August 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you are looking for a place to go where they are completely unorganized and very unprofessional David's Bridal is the place to go. If your are from Toledo then you know we are limited to our choses in Bridal Salons so unless you want to travel out of state for a dress then David's is your option. I did find a beautiful dress for myself and I had no problems with that. My bridesmaids had the problem some of them live out of state and several months ago they were all in town so we made an appointment to try dresses on and to get them ordered. The bridesmaids paid for their dresses upfront and for the shipping. A few weeks went by and when they came in I got the call to come and pick them up, I told the David's rep that 3 of the dresses were to be shipped she said oh thats right the dresses will be going out in a few days. About a week in a half goes by and I called my friends to see if their dresses came and all of them said no, so I called the store and they told me that they were still there and they had no addresses to ship the dresses, I told them that they were given at the time of purchase she said no we would have them if you gave them to us, so instead of arguing with them I gave them the addresses again. Another week goes by and I get a call telling me that I need to come get the dresses or they were going to be sent back. Now I was getting upset I explained the situtation again and again they swore the shipping addresses were never given, so I gave them the addresses now for the third time and about a week later the dresses finally got the where the needed to be. Long story I know but I just really wanted you to know what a joke David's Bridal is. The staff looks to be right out of high school so that means young little Miss Know it all's and the others looked to be in their early 60's...seriously can they get the right kind of help? Anywho good luck and I hope you have a better experience than I did!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home