Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, November 26, 2007

Vendor Reviews from 10/27

I wanted to get these up sooner but we just got back last week and I needed to get my house back in order. If you want anymore detail about any of the vendors and my experience with them you can email me at roberts1027@yahoo.com

DIY invitations from formal-invitations.com – A+

Great service, price, and delivery time. Our invites turned out beautiful and they only cost just over $1 for each.

Our outer envelopes were from envelopemall.com – A+

I wanted a nicer envelope than what formal invites could offer, so I got some Antique Gold ones from envelopemall and they were beautiful and went perfectly with our invites.

Bridesmaid dresses – netbride.com – A+

The dresses were $50 cheaper than thru the dress store. Customer Service was phenomenal. I became very paranoid so I was emailing a ton of questions before ordering and they answered all within 24 hours. When I went to order the dresses I wanted to make sure I filled the order form out right, so I called and they walked me thru it. The dresses came in with no problems all the right sizes and they came in 5 weeks early.

David’s Bridal – C-

I went there before I decided to make my own dress. I called and made the appointment and the person I worked with had poor customer service. She had me pick out several dresses that I liked out of a magazine. I figured she’d see the style I was going for and would suggest other dresses. Nope she just pulled the 4 dresses I picked and that was it. So I felt she just didn’t want to sell me a dress. When I went back with my bridesmaids we got absolutely no help what so ever.

Atlas Bridal – B+

I went there 3 times the first time I went with my sister and had made no appointment, and they were very helpful. Second time I went with 3 of my bridesmaids, no appointment, and they helped us with dressing rooms and with writing down the dress styles. The third time was their MOB & MOG dress show weekend or something like that in which you had to make an appointment. I made an appointment for my mom and when we got there we got no help what so ever and they were helping other mothers get dresses and dressing rooms that came in with no appointment.

DJ – Ultimate Nights (Brian) – A+

Brian was great. He made sure we stuck to our time line. He would come up and tell us when the next event was a couple songs before it was suppose to happen. He played a great variety of music and kept the dance floor full.

Cake – Wixey Bakery – A-

The one bite of cake that I got didn’t taste anything like I remembered in the tasting, but it was still good and we received compliments about the cake all night. We only had 2 pieces left over I believe.

Tuxes – Robert’s Formal Wear – A+

They were awesome! Top notch and worth the drive out to Sylvania
y> for. Excellent customer service and all the guys looked great.

Rings – Kay’s – B-

He got my engagement ring there and his wedding ring. Customer Service was mediocre. I don’t know if at other jewelry stores that if you are putting something on their store credit account and have to take it home even if it’s the wrong size while they order the right size make sure you get an approximate delivery date and if it’s not in the day call them. This happened to us the right size ring didn’t get ordered and luckily I called and we had it the next week.

Registry – Linen-n-Things – A+

I love this store and they have a completion program. They gave us registry cards and they also mailed us like 100 10% of registry item coupons to give to our guests. We got great service when we went to register and when we were walking around the store all the associates were asking how they could help.

Registry – Wal-Mart – D

I don’t know about other stores but the one in Oregon has terrible customer service. The only reason we registered here is because this is the only real big store they have in my hometown. We got no help when we went to register, we had to figure it out all by ourselves. Then for some reason our guests couldn’t pull up our registry by my FI’s name. We tried continually to work with customer service to fix it and it never got fixed.

Rehearsal Dinner - Macomber Lodge in Pearson
Park
– A+

All I can say was perfect. We had a lot of out of town guests, so we rented the lodge for the day and were able to spend some extra time with them here. It was easy for all the guests to find and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Hair – Cutting Edge – A+

I had to find a new hair salon 2 weeks before the wedding. They had just recently opened like a month or 2 before so I stopped and talked to them. They were all helpful and very affordable. I went in for my trail and everything went great. The day of it only took just over an hour for 4 of them to do my hair and my bridal parties’ hair. Which was 6 people. Everyone’s hair looked great and stayed in all night.

Manicures & Pedicures – John Kohi’s – A+

They were great. We all got to have out pedicures done together and than they keep us all together when we got manicures done. Plus they set out fruit, muffins, & danishes for us and we had a great selection of beverages to choose from. They also took pics for us and sent them to me.

Ceremony & Reception – Toledo Zoo

I’m going to give the Toledo Zoo 2 separate grades.

The first grade I give them is an A for the day of and the wedding coordinator, Jamie. The day of our wedding went smoothly and everything was perfect even though we had to have our ceremony inside. They decorated just they I wanted them to and as far as I know there were no problems. Jamie was the greatest she was there to do everything. I was so very greatful for that. And they did all of the set up and tear down and cleaning. We didn’t want any of our family to have to work on our day.

The second grade I give the zoo is for the salesperson, Maria King, Which I give a C-. She started there about 3 months after we had put down the deposit with another salesperson, who had left the zoo. I felt she just didn’t have very good customer service skills and needs to be trained a little more for what she is doing. On 2 occasions I had to go over her head to her boss which I didn’t like doing but it was the only way I got my issues resolved. One of the issues had to deal with the contract and Maria couldn’t tell me where in the contract something was stated, and hadn’t taken the time to find where it was stated and to show me.

Honeymoon – Carnival Cruise Lines – A

Our cruise was great. We actually sailed right after the Tropical Storm Noel which turned into a hurricane, so a lot of people got seasick. Not me but my husband got a little queasy but not too bad and we had a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home