Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Friday, August 25, 2006


The Toledo Zoo
2002, 2003 The Toledo Zoo | P.O. Box 140130 Toledo, Ohio 43614 | 419.385.5721
http://www.toledozoo.org/


I was just married this past saturday and the reception was in the lodge at the Toledo Zoo. I can give you any info you want about the lodge but i have never been to an event at the Narobi Pavilion. The entire staff at the Zoo were amazing. The Food was fantastic. i have very few pics in my bio but will update when i get the photogs pictures. The zoo will do just about anything you ask. They took care of every little detail.

--------------------

My wedding is at the zoo next October and because of the size of our guest list (potentially) we are having it in the Nairobi Events Pavilion...that is located over by the giraffes in the Africa exhibit. That can seat well over 500. They can also block the room into two, or possibly three so that it isn't large and too roomy for your guests. You might want to look into the Nairobi.....also they are having a Bridal Show there on September 10th...it will be held in Nairobi so that you can see the size of the room as well. Hope this helps!

--------------------

The Toledo Zoo (The Lodge) A++
The Toledo Zoo was terrific. When i put down my deposit with them i really did not realize how much work they do for you. They made the whole event so enjoyable. They are very detailed oriented and make sure everything is taken care on the big day so you don't have to. They decorated the room for me and contacted all my vendors to schedule drop offs and set up. They provide a wedding day coordinator who is at the event from start to finish to make sure everything goes smoothly. The room and grounds were gorgeous. All my guests commented on how beautiful the zoo was and what a great location. I expected for the food to be good but it turned out great!! I was pleasantly surpised by the catering. I always think wedding food is boring so that is what i expected but instead it was fantastic. Can't say enough about the Zoo, i need to stop now or i might go on forever!!

---------------

I’m going to give the Toledo Zoo 2 separate grades.

The first grade I give them is an A for the day of and the wedding coordinator, Jamie. The day of our wedding went smoothly and everything was perfect even though we had to have our ceremony inside. They decorated just they I wanted them to and as far as I know there were no problems. Jamie was the greatest she was there to do everything. I was so very greatful for that. And they did all of the set up and tear down and cleaning. We didn’t want any of our family to have to work on our day.

The second grade I give the zoo is for the salesperson, Maria King, Which I give a C-. She started there about 3 months after we had put down the deposit with another salesperson, who had left the zoo. I felt she just didn’t have very good customer service skills and needs to be trained a little more for what she is doing. On 2 occasions I had to go over her head to her boss which I didn’t like doing but it was the only way I got my issues resolved. One of the issues had to deal with the contract and Maria couldn’t tell me where in the contract something was stated, and hadn’t taken the time to find where it was stated and to show me.

------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home