Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Vendor Rant from attended wedding

So, I just thought I would put something up here about the vendors from my friend's wedding yesterday. She was married at Toledo Botanical Gardens at the Arches. Very simple and pretty. We arrived approx. 20 mins prior to the ceremony and the chairs were just being set up. I thought that was odd, it seems a norm for guests to arrive anywhere from 15-30 mins prior to the ceremony ( I believe it was American Rental or something like that) so we had to go for a walk ( not that we completely minded) until everything was set up. The reception was held in the Atrium of the Clarion Westgate. It was very pretty for a small reception. Wasnt too thrilled with smelling the pool and the hotel guests peeping out of their room windows, but that comes with the territory. They had Ultimate Nights for a DJ and Everlasting Images for photography. First impression of the DJ was his inability to form sentences quickly, he always seemed to stop and think about what he had to say next. He mispronounced last names multiple times. He also had some "technical difficulties", he used CD's instead of digital media. Overall he did a good job. Next thing I have to touch on, for dinner the photographers sat at our table ( didnt bother to ask if anyone was sitting there). I dont know what is ordinary, but I didnt think that vendors sat at guest tables. Also there were multiple times all three photographers were not taking pictures, just were sitting back and talking. Their photography was great though ( they had a slide show set up.) I know that photographers want to get in there and take the great shots but, sometimes they seemed to be a little "too in on the action" instead of being "insivible" in the background, if you know what I mean. Towards the end of the reception, we had some party crashers due to the "hot" music being played and nothing was really done about this. Im not sure if it should have been the hotel staff or the bride/groom, but they stuck out like a sore thumb. There were a group of kids and their "parental figures" looking on. One lady, when she was leaving, told the bride that she was sorry that she "busted up" the party and that she didnt realize that it was a private affair. I thought that was interesting, I guess she missed the wedding gown and tuxes..lol. Anyways, I just thought that I would put my two cents out there.. oh the food was very very good and the cake was delicious ( not sure if that came with the hotel or not). If any of these are your vendors, I would take the time to make sure that these situations are avoided if they are important to you. overall... great wedding. HTH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home