Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Eston's Cake
4164 Monroe St Toledo, OH 43606 (419) 474-7222

Gotta love them! They made my cake vision a reality – an extremely tasty reality : ) They did exactly what I wanted and I loved it! And the taste of their cake speaks for itself – layers of cake and cream – it was so light and airy, but flavorful in an understated way. I couldn’t have been happier – it was a hit!

--------------------

The cake was delicious! We got a lot of comments on the flavors, we had Key Lime and Chocolate Dipped Strawberry. They were also great to work with during the planning process and the tasting was so fun with them! I really liked our design, it was different than anything else I had seen around. I also like that they make the cake out front big enough but they keep the majority of it in the back as sheet cakes (they are cheaper), and the guests can't tell because they are decorated the same way.

--------------------

Eston's is the best! Our cake was definitely droolworthy! And an awesome perk...they send you a certificate for a free anniversary cake on your 1 year anni so you don't have to eat freezer burned cake :)

--------------------

I shot a wedding last night @ Nazareth & Eston's did the cake... not only was it BEAUTIFUL but it was insanely delicious. Now I don't have to choose who is going to do our cake.

--------------------

My Fi's cousin used them for her wedding last May and had nothing but good things to say about using them

--------------------

I have heard their cake is really good, but you pay more than most local bakeries for it. We didn't even go try it though because they only had certain times to go, wouldn't tell us a price range over the phone, etc. which just irritated me since I didn't have time to jump through their hoops. A friend is using them, and she said that she is willing to pay more since she liked the cake so much.

--------------------

I had the same problem with Eston's. I was coming in from way OOT and told them I didn't have time to do a meeting, and could I just pick up samples. They said I had to come in, so I just found another bakery.

Eston's cake is very good--I like the multiple layers. If you don't mind doing the meeting and paying a few hundred bucks more than everywhere else, go for it.

--------------------

We used Eston's and I could talk about how great they are until I'm blue in the face :) All interactions I had with staff were great and the tasting was so fun! Their cake is THE BEST and doesn't taste like your typical "wedding cake". We got SO many compliments on it. AND they give you a certificate for a free round cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top layer :)

--------------------

We met with Tony yesterday and got to sample everything. I like the round cake with spirals and they don't charge extra for the little things. With what I want I am getting my cake for around $2.10 per person. I really thought the Tiramsiu and Raspberry Forest were to dye for. They won't give you prices over the phone because it does really matter with what you are looking for in the cake design.

--------------------

The cake was fantastic! We had strawberries and cream and white chocolate mousse. I had an idea in mind that they didn't do and were able to accommodate me. I had someone else make fondant flowers and had Estons's put them on the cake. The flowers weren't what I wanted, but the cake still tasted good. That's all that matters anyway.


--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home