Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, November 03, 2008

Vendor Reviews & Kinda long (10/18)

Photography: Jim Gladish Photography www.photosbyjag.
com
A++++++++++
One of my fav vendors for sure! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy with our pics and Jim and his team. (we had 3 photogs!!) They were so laid back which is exactly what we wanted! It really felt like they were part of our family and were just hanging out with us. They were with us ALL day and shot whatever we wanted. We even had Melanie (an assistant photog) ride with us on our crazy party bus with all 18 of us!! They have some of our pics up on thier site ( We had over 1500 shots!) The pics at Frickers and The Duck are my favs! For what you get for the price...the quality and profesionalism is amazing. I am so happy with our choice.
** If you want to view..Go to the website above, then click on "view events and order" tab, then click on LaPointe 10/18/08 icon**

Catering:
ONG> Dianne Westhoven Catering A+++ (and a million more plus signs!) ~ Dianne and her team are not only top notch with the food but top notch in hospitality as well. They were so generous and kind and went above and beyond. From Serving, to cutting the cake, and even taking down extra tables...they did it all. I am still having people call me and ask who did the food!!!!!!!!! Shes had so many referals from me within a week alone! You won't find another vendor in the area that can beat with what you get for the price :o)

Reception Venue: Swanton Sports Center Ballroom www.swan
tonsportscenter.com
A
The staff and ballroom mgrs. at the Sports Center couldn't have been more accomodating and nice :o) There is no extra cost for set up and tear down which was refreshing as we didnt have to lift a finger! Everything was great and they were very flexable with clean-up. I got to go back the next day and take down decor so my family and I could enjoy the rest of our wedding night at an after party we were having at another location. Thanks SSC!!! :o)

Chair Covers and Ceremony coordinator: Melissa Lohr www.mybeau
tifulmemory.com
A+ (And a GAZILLION more plus signs)
I origianally had Melissa as a chair cover vendor only, but as we spoke via Email I mentioned my many problems and stupid crap that kept happeneing to me. So, she in turn became my ceremony coordinator as well!! She was an absolute lifsaver since I was late to my wedding and no one had on flowers yet and my sisters showed up not dressed yet... well...nevermind! She did it ALL and was so kind to everyone:o) Also, the chair covers made such a huge impact on my decor I was going for. I was so happy I rented them & recieved so many positive comments. She also put all 200 of our own sashes on for us too!!!!! Thanks Melissa:o)

Make-Up: Amy Kahl A++
Amy is from my hometown of Swanton and I heard about her from word of mouth from other brides. I gave her a call and she was so amazingly funny and nice. She did my make up for me and I was sooooo happy with the results! ( I am nervous about other people doing my makeup!) I would highly reccomend! :o)

Alterations: Pam Thomas A++++++++
Yes, Believe all the hype you see on the Knot!! This woman is AMAZING!!! As some of you may remember from past posts, I was a 2 dress bride....Well, I am a *** and didn't like niether dress, so I thought it was smart to order one off the internet 3 weeks beofre my wedding ( I know right!) I took the dress to Pam and she made me feel good about what I had just done:o) It was also nice of her to console me after I got a ticket on my way to her house :o( She also added a custom panel for my corset and it looked awesome! And her prices are very reasonable for the high quality of work.

Cake: The Bake Shop A+++
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing.....thats all I have to say about Kristy and my cake (Which was still moist a WEEK later!)

DJ: Bobs OkeyDokey B
Once you get past the name, they are some of the nicest guys I ever met. Our MC Steve was really good, The only reason I gave them a B was becuase they announced our best mans name wrong after we went over it atleast 3 times and they played the wrong song for my cake cutting. I dont know if I am being nit picky or to nice so, B it is.....

My Dress: Julius Bridal Outlet www.nothingb
utgowns.com
A
Yes, I am crazy...this was my 3rd dress in 9 months but, when I stumbled upon this site (My cousin was the one looking for a wedding dress!) I fell in love with my dress :o) And, it was a sample so it was only 150 dollars. They also added a custom color ribbon at no extra cost. They are in NYC so I had to talk to Julius the designer over the phone and he had to describe everything to me. I will say though... the box it came in was rediculous..it was about the size of a milk crate...It took Pam Thomas 4 hours to steam all the crinoline & fabric (The crinny was built in the dress, Which was really impressive!)

BM Dresses: Netbride.com www.netbride.com
> A+
My BM dresses were Jordan Couture. Atlas and House of Hilton wanted 210.00 for them. I got a quote from netbride and they were 119.00. The shipping was fast ( 8 weeks) and everything was in pristine condition and perfect. I was extremely happy and so were my Maids for the cost reduction :o)

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, May 17, 2010, Blogger newlywed09 said...

Would you happen to have the contact information for Amy Kahl? Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home