Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Saturday, November 15, 2008

FINALLY got around to posting our vendor reviews!

I FINALLY got around to posting our vendor reviews! Overall the day was AMAZING and I would not change anything if I could!!!!!


Ceremony Site - Rosary Cathedral A+++++!!! - I absolutely LOOOOOOVED our ceremony site! We worked with Chris from the church and she was super nice and extremely helpful!!! She made sure that I had thought of EVERYTHING (which I hadn't, I almost forgot a flower for Mary when we did our prayer to Mary so three days before the wedding I called back the florist to order another flower!!!) She was there on the day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly and she ran the rehearsal which went very very smoothly!!!! The church was absolutely gorgeous and worth every penny!!!

Reception Site - Nazareth Hall Lady Glen A+++++!! - Nazareth Hall is a little bit pricey but it is all inclusive! We worked with Kevin and he was super great! He answered all of my crazy e-mails I sent!!! (There was a point where I was sending like 2-3 a day!) Actually all of the staff there that we ran into was great!!! Our seating hostess, Stacy, was also amazing! She came out to take our drink orders before we went into the hall and I ordered a margarita but was to excited to drink, so she brought me out a water (I didn't ask for one) and she's like you have to drink something!! Aww!!! They were great to work with, the food was amazing and it was better than I imagined!

Florist - Emery's - A+++++ - All I can say was WOW! Ken knew exactly what we wanted and made it all happen!! He was so nice and very friendly! I would definitely recommend him and his prices are amazing!

DJ - Ryan Hatfield - A++++++ - Ryan was also great to work with! He created out first dance song mix and everybody LOVED it! He is super affordable and kept people on the dance floor all night long! He kept in contact with us throughout the whole process and I can't complain about anything from him! I would definitely recommend him too!!

Tuxes - President's Tuxedo - C - I'm giving President's a C for a couple reasons. First, two days before the wedding, one of our ushers sends me a pix message with him in the tux, his bowtie is wine, but his vest is WHITE!!! We had specifically gone in there, pointed at the color swatch we wanted and said WINE for the groomsmen/ushers and WHITE for the groom. Not that difficult or so you would think. So we call them in a panic and they said they would have it fixed. Well they send in a couple more groomsmens tuxes and for some reason they switched the colors on the ring bearer and one of the groomsmen. The ring bearer was supposed to be white vest white tye just like DH... they mixed up the name of the ring bearer and the name of one of the groomsmen (Even though there is a significant size difference) so one of the groomsmen now had all white!

Photographer - Cathy Kautz - A+++++ - Cathy was another wonderful vendor to work with! Very easy to talk to and she is very spunky! We just got our pics back a couple days ago and I absolutely love them! Her prices are very reasonable :)

Cake - Thrush's - A++++ - OMG I loved my cake!!! I designed this wonderful cake and they created it exactly how I wanted it!!!! It was absolutely beautiful! Now taste, I"m not sure! Our guests said it tasted amazing, but we actually didn't get a chance to eat any! :) Except for our tasting which was great :)

Dresses - Atlas Bridal - A+ - I know no extra plusses! I guess that's not really Atlas Bridals fault. They were amazing! I changed my dress three days after I ordered it (major dress regret) and they fixed it and ordered me my dream dress :) My only quelm was that some of my BM were a little larger and had to pay extra for a plus size! I did not know that at the time until afterwards when one of them told me. I know there are some designers Alfred Angelo who don't make you pay extra. All in all Atlas was great :)

Hair - Dillards Linda Simmons - A+++++ - Linda at Dillards did my hair and I loved her! My hair stylist recommended her to me since she doesn't feel comfortable doing wedding day hair. Linda worked wonders with my hair! During the trial she peridically would give me the mirror and ask if that is what I had envisioned before she finished. I really appreciated that because I have had some really bad hair experiences! My hair looked wonderful and stayed the whole night :)

Limo - Dagwoods - A+ - Dagwoods was great to work with! They showed up on time, the driver was nice. He took us to our apartment so we could get some champagne DH got from his uncle in France before we headed to the reception.

Videographer - New Image - NA - We are waiting on our video still. They did warn us before hand that it will be a couple months. Once we see the video I will post more. But funny thing is, we booked them 3 days before the big day :) I hadn't made up my mind until then. They were very accomodative and since we booked so close to the wedding they gave us a great deal!

Invitations - Odds and Ends - Michaels - A++++++++++++++++++++++++++ - OMG I LOVE MICHAELS!!! 40% off coupons :) What more can I say! They also have a great selection!

Wedding Night Accomodations - Belemere Suites - A+++++++ - The Belemere was sooo nice!!!!!! The staff was very friendly and the room was PERFECT!! Oooh and the towels smelled wonderful :) I asked her what her secret was and she said she just DUMPS detergent into the laundry and when they towels come out they are still blue, but she puts them in the dryer and they turn white again!! The only thing that I would have liked was maid service. We stayed two nights and usually house cleaning will come in, it's probably because it's a "romantic getaway" and they don't want to disturb, but I do enjoy coming back to a hotel room that has been cleaned :)

Overall the day was amazing and the only thing I wished was for a longer day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home