Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

vendor reviews from 10/21 wedding

I always found these reviews so helpful during planning, so hope this helps girls planning now!

We had a wonderful day--everything was great!

The Wyndham Hotel: This was a perfect choice for us because we had a lot of out of town guests. I was a little worried about this choice, because the ballroom really isn't very pretty as is. We used Candlelight Occasions to dress up the room--between what they did, Twigs, our florist, and the chair covers, it was a total transformation and looked beautiful! The food was very good, and Sherri, who has taken over for Alice, did a great job of helping me coordinate everything. One downside--the fountain next to the hotel was drained because of cold weather.

Rosary Cathedral: If anyone is wondering if this is worth the money--it totally is! I felt like a princess walking down that long aisle!

Atlas Bridal: My dress was from Atlas, and they were great--my alterations turned out perfectly.

David's Bridal: We used them for the bridesmaids, and didn't have any problems.

After Hours: The tuxes looked good--there were a couple of size changes that needed to happen at the last minute, but everything turned out fine.

Dagwoods Limo: We had the limo bus--I think it looks kind of dorky on the outside, but the inside is so nice and comfortable! We had 18 people on the bus at one point. The driver was very nice.

Twigs: They were my favorite vendor--if you have not been to their flower shop in Rossford, you're missing out! It's so cute. Our flowers were wonderful, and Colleen, the florist in charge of my wedding, was so great--she met with me multiple times, helped me keep on budget, and really came through on the wedding day as far as doing everything I asked.

A Piece of Cake: Our cake was beautiful. We had their signature wedding cheesecake for our bottom layer, and it was my favorite! We also had mini pastries, and those were very good as well.

I Do Chair Covers: There was a recent post about chair covers, and whether they are worth it--I definitely vote yes! They completely changed the look of the room, and pulled everything together, and made it look so elegant. It's one of the things I'm most happy that we splurged on. Alice at I Do did a very nice job for us, and she's one of the more reasonable chair cover vendors in the area.

Candlelight Occasions: Their white lights/tulle/organza decor really made the ballroom look beautiful. They were very easy to work with, and their website helped so much in making decisions.

Ultimate Nights: DJ--We had Brian, the owner, and he did a great job--played all the music we wanted, and also tried to honor some requests from guests. We had very specific --and a couple of ususual--requests, and he was very accomodating and professional.

Favors: Lake Champlain Chocolates. We ordered red foil wrapped dark chocolate hearts in bulk, and wrapped them in red tulle--they looked very cute on the tables, and my favors came in under $2 each.

Invites: La Di Da. I had tons of compliments on my invites, and the price could not be beat!

Hair and Bridesmaids Spa Day: Beauty Bar--I worked with Andrea to coordinate a bridesmaids' lunch and mani/pedi party, and it worked out great! They have a room on the second floor where you can hang out and have lunch--it was the perfect way to spend the friday before the wedding.

I think that's everything! I had the most wonderful day of my life, thanks in part to all these great vendors!

Good luck to all the girls who are planning--it's stressful, but so worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home