Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, October 23, 2006

VENDOR REVIEWS FOR 10/14/06 WEDDING

I posted before that everything went great! I am not going to give grades I will just let you know who I used and some comments on them.

Hampton Inn Maumee/South Toledo - This is where I blocked rooms for my OOT guests. FI and I also stayed there. They were great to work with. I had a hard time getting a hold of managers and having them call me back. I called there and talked to the manager and he got me a contract and everything was smooth sailing. The hotel is very clean and well kept. No complaints for my OOT guests. They gave me a rate of $82/night.

Soto Salon - I went there for my manicure and pedicure. Again, no problems. They were very friendly and everyone's nails looked great

Maumee Eagles (Reception hall and Catering) - Great for a bride on a budget. It is not the nicest place in the whole world but looked great when it was a decorated. They have round tables which is something that was important to me.Very reasonably priced and very accommodating. There was a few miscommunications between what the banquet manager had told me and what the bar tenders thought but no biggie and everything worked out great. Food was excellent! They also provide the liquor but it was reasonably priced.

Decorative Sound - Excellent! I had Mike (the owner) and was so relieved when we pulled up in the limo and saw him waiting for us because I know he does an excellent job. My sister used him for her wedding and I never thought about using anyone else. Their price is a little high but to me it is worth every penny. He did a great job and everyone had a great time!!!!

Diamond Chariots (located out of Clyde) - Another knottie was using them so I thought I would check them out. Again, no problems. It was $350 (including tip, tax, etc.)for 3 1/2 hours for a 10 passenger limo. I liked the fact that we could get it for only 3 1/2 hours because that is all we needed it for and I know a lot of places have a 5 or 6 hour minimum on Saturdays.

Disney World (Honeymoon) - We booked our trip with Linda at AAA (Sylvania location) and she was excellent to work with. We stayed at the Carribbean Beach resort and had a great time. It was a little hot but still fun. It was my first trip to Disney World and I am glad we went. We had some issued with Northwest Airlines for our return flight home yesterday when an employee driving the luggage truck actually hit our plane and the flight was cancelled. I understand that things happen but they were not very accommodating or very organized. We ended up flying into Flint, Michigan last night and not getting home until 1:30 in the morning when we were suppose to fly into Detriot at 6:30. Our luggage is MIA and they have no info on where it is. Not a good feeling. I am trying not to let it ruin our trip and I am thankful it is the only problem we had in the whole wedding/honeymoon process. I just hope I get my luggage today b/c it has all the stuff I need to get ready for work in the morning and I don't feel like going out and buying a new hair dryer and such. Fingers crossed we will hear something soon!

That is all the vendor reviews I am going to do. My cake, flowers and photographer were all from the small town area I grew up in (20 mins outside of BG) so I don't think very many people would use them but if you look at the PIB and like what you see page me and I will be happy to give out their info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home