Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, October 16, 2006

St. Rose Perrysburg
215 East Front Street
Perrysburg, Ohio 43551
phone: 419/874-4559
http://www.strosepb.org/


I really want to get married at St. Rose, it would also be super convenient considering that FI and I can see it from our apt. and our reception is @ NH! I called there to day to reserve it and they almost seem "selective" about who can get married there. She could not even tell me if my date was open, she said that I have to talk to Fr. Leyland, before we can do anything else.

Is anyone else getting married there? Or have any experience?

--------------------

They were pretty short with me when I called. Our reception is at NH too and I have been Catholic all my life and while we were not parishoners, I grew up in the area. When I called they told me absolutely not, unless I was a parishoner or went to grade school there. Which I know can't be the absolute rule because I had one friend who got married there and wasn't a parishoner. I always wondered how they pulled that off since they were so short with me. Must have put down a hefty donation or something. Don't get me wrong, I understand giving parishoners preference and encouraging people to get married at their home parish, but if no one else is scheduled that day after a certain date, I think it's ridiculous that they won't let you get married there.

Are you guys registered at St. Rose as parishoners? Sign yourself up and go to church there a few times if you don't already before you meet with Fr. Leyland.

We ended up going with St. Pat's Historic downtown. Call there--they will be happy to help you.


--------------------

We are getting married there. You have to be one of three things to get married there: you have to be a parish member, your parents have to be parish members, or you have to have gone to school there. If you qualify in one or more of those categories, then you go and ask Fr. Leyland's permission to get married (we just asked him after mass one day). Then you can find out about dates, etc. Depending on how long you have til you are getting married, you could see if they would let you join the parish and all that, then in theory you could get married there. I'm not sure if you have to be a member for a certain time period or not, but I wouldn't think so. HTH.

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home