Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, September 11, 2006

Bridal Shows 2006
Wyndham and The Toledo Zoo


Well the Wyndham one was a total waste of my time, I can't believe I paid money to get in plus parking and I spent all of about 20 minutes walking around. Plus the valet people lost my keys and took forever to find them afterwards!

The zoo one was very very nice. Had more of the vendors that I was looking for and was well worth the money, plus parking was free!

---------------------

agree the Wyndam was a big waste of time and money. There really wasn't a lot of vendors there and the one I talked it was a bit rude. The one at the Zoo was a lot better. I was just irritated because it was so hard to move or really talk to any vendors because there were so many people. I was bit disapointed because I didn't get my $50 Alan Miller gift card. :( Also, did anyone else notice that David's Bridal wasn't there? They are usually at all of the shows. I wanted the new catalog. lol I think I am just gonna stick going to the big one in January where everyone goes.

---------------------

Yeah I definitely agree that the Wyndham one was lame.

The zoo one was a lot better. I also didn't get a gift card from Alan Miller. I thought everyone that went was supposed to get one? Oh yeah and another thing, Cake Arts told us that their 2008 price is $2.50 per person. Then- the woman tried to tell us they are the cheapest in town! We were like "ummm.. no you're not!" lol. Another thing I noticed is that pretty much all the vendors that were at the Wyndham were also at the zoo. So it was pretty much a total waste of my time and 5 bucks, I wish we would have just skipped it and gone straight to the zoo!

---------------------

I agree with shannie and dinky..I even saw them there.....the Wyndam was aweful...we were there for 20minutes and left...the one woman fr tuxes was so rude..after I got done asking her questions and me getting the cold shoulder I told her.."thanks for being so rude I guess I don't want to use your services". I was asking questions that needed to be answered. Oh well...The zoo was nice but yes I agree it was crowed due to the buffet that they were going to have. I wish I could have stayed for the wedding but FI wants me home to spend some quality time with him...awwww..anyway I got my coupon for Alan Miller's the girl at the front by the seal pool was giving them when you registered by filling out the yellow sheets. I wish I wouldn't have bought my tix though no one checked them and i have a zoo memebership to get in so i couldn have got in for free...oh well...it was fun though...cake arts is really that much now...Its included in my zenobia shriners package so I didn't even realize...well it was fun seeing some of you i tried looking for you again but didn't see you.

---------------------

Yeah FI and I were like "we totally did not need to buy tickets" we are also zoo members! I did not like the way they had it laid out it was way to hard to more around. I think we are going to go with Alen Miller now with that gift card. The guy we talked to said that if you mention the zoo bridal show that you will also get 20% off, and the $50 off. Which is a great deal!

I didn't go to the one at Wyndham and now I guess I'm really glad i didn't.

I did go to the Zoo and I agree it was hard to get around but I also only wanted to grab information so I could look at it on my own. I have just started to look into videography, DJ, and florist so I need to see what is out there before people are talking a mile a minute about themselves.

I didn't get my Alan Miller's card because they ran out but I gave them my name and address to send me one. i am hoping FI will use it to get me a braclet for either christmas, my birthday or a wedding present.

I'm hoping that by the time I go to the one in Oct. or Jan. I have a better idea of exactly what I want so i can have questions to ask the vendors.

I will also be making labels to put on all the registering/drawing forms b/c I got tired of having to re-wrtoe the same information over and over.

---------------------

My mom and I were going to go to the Wyndham, but didn't because I had a feeling it wouldn't be worth it, and now i'm glad! We went to the zoo, and I was impressed. I think i found my photographer finally! I got the $50 gift card, but we got there almost right when it started. I walked around with my baby cousin for a little bit (they happened to be at the zoo) so by the time we got to the bridal show, there weren't many people there. Time to sort through everything now!

---------------------

Well, I am completely brand new to all of this. I just got engaged Friday night and heard about the Wyndham show so I went with one of my bridesmaids...my best buddy. I didn't even know there was one at the zoo today. So the Wyndham one stunk huh?? Well, can someone let me know when there are some others coming up? We set a date of 10/6/07 so I think I need to get on the ball. Any advide for a newbie?
report

---------------------

I didn't make it to the zoo one either. However, I liked the Wyndham's show. I thought it was nice because I could actually talk to the vendors.

Was it that there were more vendors at the zoo one that made it better?

Also, did anyone get to see the wedding that took place at the zoo show? What was that like?

MIA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home