Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Monday, October 23, 2006

So FURIOUS with David's Bridal

 I honestly don't know what made me go with them. I had trouble with them a few months ago with a bridesmaids dress. But, they're cheap- however you get what you pay for.

About a month ago I got a phonecall from somebody there saying that they only had two of my bridemaids sizes recorded, when I have four bridemaids. So I had to call them back and give them the other two sizes... even though the girl who helped me when I was trying on wedding dresses took down the info and said she'd enter it into the computer.

That was just the beginning- last week I called to double check on what timeline I had for ordering my dresses and my girls' dresses. It seems like everytime you talk to somebody different there, they give you a different timeline. So, I call and they have NONE of my info in their computer- my dress size, what style I liked, ones that weren't available for me to try on but that they were going to call me about once they came in. It was as if I had never been in there to try dresses on. So I had to talk to the manager, give her all of my info and everything. I guess the consultant that helped me with trying on the dresses didn't turn in any of my info.

So today, my mom and I go there to order my dress and pay for it. Guess what - none of my info is in the computer! I was so mad that I just told them that I was going to consider giving my business to another store and that maybe I'd be back and maybe I wouldn't. I had to walk out of there because I was so upset.

Now I'm just in a pickle because time is running short and I don't want to have to go through the whole dress selection again, and then pick out new BM dresses somewhere else. Ugh, I am just so mad. Not sure what I'm going to do. Wanted to vent though!!!

----------------------

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them. Seems like a lot of brides around here do too. I used David's and didn't have any issues, but I did call them to check in regularly to make sure my dress was on schedule. I hope you find something you love even more! Good luck! 

----------------------

WOW what a mess! If you have the time, I'd try and find a dress someplace else. I know that at every store you might run into trouble, but David's seems to be the place you hear most about. Good luck!

----------------------

I was @ a wedding a couple weeks ago & the BMs dresses were from there and about 3 of the girls hems fell out before the reception started.... they were all super POed @ Davids.

I'm always surprised to hear such horrible experiences with David's. I've been a david's bridesmaid and now i'm a david's bride and they've been GREAT.

I recently ordered my dress and it came in - perfectly - within about 2 weeks. They have always been helpful and had everything ready for me. All of my bridesmaids' info has always been just fine as well.

I'm really sorry that you're having to deal with this, but David's isn't always this way!!! If you're in love with the dress there, I say stick with them but be very clear in your expectations - maybe talk to the manager? Don't give up on 'your' dress just because a couple of people are idiots!

Best of luck!!!! 

----------------------

Sorry to hear that you had problems. I had a GREAT experience there...I worked w/ Jan & she was wonderful. She actually found my dress for me & it came in VERY quickly. Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home