Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

10-21-06 Vendor Reviews

vender reviews!! Hope these are helpful…any questions or comments, feel free to email me at: mosquitopower80@yahoo.com... I don’t know how much I will be on the knot.

Ceremony: St. Adelbert's Church- (A+) The church is a beautiful place!! It was perfect for my wedding. Fr. Marek was awesome..He was very calming during the ceremony as I had began having a panic attack.. He even wiped tears from my face as I was crying.

Ceremony Music: Millenius Strings (A) They sounded beautiful and were very easy to work with.. The only issue was during the ceremony, one of the player’s cell phone went off. DH thought it was unprofessional..it didn’t phase me.

Reception: American Legion Hall in Sylvania (A) Very easy to work with as well..The place is very plain but it gave us a blank slate to decorate. No problems at all.

Caterer: Comes with Hall (A++) The food was absolutely delicious. For only $8/plate, I was impressed. The chicken tasted like a baked “kfc” and the sweet and sour cabbage was delicious, reminded me of how my grandma used to make it…we also had mashed potatoes, kielbasa, corn and salad.

DJ: Scott Diefenbach (cousin) (A+) He was a great DJ and MC.. I had given him a list/order of events and he made everything flow really well. He has a great personality and I think made the night enjoyable. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for a DJ. He works with his uncle and has DJ’d many weddings and events (even my high school dances ).

Photographer: Memories By Scott (Temperance, MI) (A++ so far) of course I haven’t seen the pic’s yet, but he was very helpful during the preparations and he was fabulous on the big day.. Even my family/friends commented that he was everywhere he needed to be, he ran around and tried to capture every moment. I believe he took a trillion pics, I can’t wait to see them. Also, he was reasonably priced!

Videographer: Showcase Productions- Aaron (A so far) My dad wanted a videographer and so he paid for and dealt with all the details, so I don’t know much. But he also was everywhere and trying to capture every moment. He did however have one small snaffoo, he took a potty break and missed the cake cutting. But, he immediately came up to my dad and I and apologized and said he was going to get some still photos from the photographer to fit into the video. He felt really bad, but tried to fix his mistake.

Flowers: Silk flowers done by Jackie in Floral Design at Craft2000.(A++) she was a creative genius, I gave her the ideas I had and she came up with the most beautiful flowers…The best part is they are silk, so we can keep them forever and I could see them before the wedding day to know its what I wanted.

Cake: Connie's Celebrations (A+) The cake tasted soooo good and the design in my head came out in the cake…it looked gorgeous.

My Dress: Maggie Sottero at Atlas Bridal (A) absolutely gorgeous, although, I believe the wires in the bodice bent while sitting so long in the Limo that by the time we got to the reception, the dress couldn’t hold up my ‘girls’. As you will see in my photos…so just a little bit of info to help others, be careful when sitting so long! Atlas was very good to work with from beginning to end.

BM dresses: Atlas Bridal (A+) I absolutely loved the BM dresses, they looked so cute on all of my girls!! Plus, Atlas again was very easy to work with during my indecisiveness (like changing the color of the dressese and such)

Transport: Stretch Hummer from Birmingham Limo (A+) the hummer was very expensive, but worth every penny!! We had a blast, plus Ken (our driver) was the best, very friendly and accommodating. Also, the limo was at the church on time, a fear of mine.

Invites: DIY (supplies from everywhere) (A) They turned out nice and everyone commented on them

Centerpieces/Decor: DIY (again from everywhere) (A) they turned out very cute!

Tux's: Men's Warehouse (A) everything went well. They were easy to work with when picking out our tuxes. Only snaffoo, the best mans tie was different from the groom and groomsman. He had the standard but we had picked out the bow tie. It did work out that it was the best man’s though so it looked like we did it on purpose to make him stand out. I liked the fact that they were ready on Tuesday before wedding and that the store made all the guys try on tuxes before they left store.

Hair:Dillards with Kathy Reinbolt (A+) She did an excellent job!!

Makeup: Mary Kay consultant Erin Wiley (A++) she did an excellent job on my makeup. She was there early and stayed till I walked down the aisle (to fix any crying that I did)

Wedding Day Ceremony coordinator: Beth (a dear friend) (A++) what an awesome friend. She made everything go smooth and me not have to worry about any details. I definitely recommend having a day of coordinator. If it is a willing friend or you hire someone, because there is so much to coordinate and do that you don’t want you, your MOH or mom to worry about doing or making sure is done.. it is a special day for everyone involved, let them enjoy it and give the stress to a day of coordinator

Reception Coordinator/Decorator: Dolly Bylow ( a dear friend, also an event coordinator at Gladieux) (A+++) She is absolutely fabulous!! She made the reception hall gorgeous!! I gave her some direction and all the items and she made it perfect. I would highly recommend using Dolly at Gladieux, because of her awesome talent.

Rehearsal Dinner: City Hall Diner on Reynolds Road (A+) great place for a RD, if you are going for casual. They were prompt with our food and very courteous with our needs. We had about 25 people and we were seated comfortably. Plus the bill (with out alcohol, people paid for own liquor) was around $350. not bad at all.

Bachelorette Party: Sidelines (south) and Bootleggers (A+) both really good

Beauty Bar (A)- day before Mani/pedi, waxing….small snaffoo with scheduling what I wanted but quick to fix problem. I will be going there on reg. Basis. They are very good and nice atmosphere.

Honeymoon-Kalahari Waterpark and Hocking Hills (A+) both were fabulous and perfect!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home