Toledo Ohio Wedding Review

Real brides review wedding vendors in Toledo Ohio and surrounding area

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

House of Hilton Bridal Shoppe
2234 N Reynolds Rd Toledo, OH 43615 (419) 535-0661
www.houseofhilton.com


They were pleasant and had a pretty good selection. This is the second place I went to try on dresses. I found my dress pretty quickly in the process and I loved it! I also went in there first to ask if they had anything in the color I wanted for the bridal party. They had exactly what we wanted and were easy to work with for all of the bridesmaids, even the ones from out of town.

--------------------

I look young for my age so I'm sure this had a lot to do with it, but the ladies never once asked if I needed help when I walked into the store. I walked around with my fiance' looking through the racks and no one approached us. There was no one their so it wasn't like they were overwhelmed. Instead, they were happy to talk amongst themselves. Overall, just not a very welcoming environment

--------------------

i didn't have much interaction with the staff at HOH mainly because I bought my dress off the rack and didn't have to get measured or place an order. i can say that the day my mom, sisters and i visited, the staff was friendly and helpful. i had brought some pictures of gowns that i liked and while the woman assisting me went to go pull them, i browsed through some others and added them to the pile. when my mom and i stopped by there, i had no intention of ordering my dress, let alone coming home with it. however, it is true what they say - the minute you put on "the dress," you know it's the one. that's is exactly what happend. the second dress i tried on, i knew it. the catch was, it was discontinued so the shop could not order one. i could either purchase this one or forget about it and try and find a different dress. the dress was a little big in the waist area and needed to be taken in a little at the top. for being a sample dress, it was in remarkable shape and only had a little dirt along the hem (which would need to be shortened anyway) and a spot on the inside of one of the straps (this will make more sense when i get to alterations). plus, i got a small discount for buying it off the rack. my veil was also purchased from HOH

--------------------

Personally I was not a huge fan of them. The lady I worked with was very rude and pretty much insulted me.

--------------------

my bridesmaids & flowergirl got their dresses from House of Hilton. I am VERY happy that we went with them. They were very helpful and great everytime I went in there & my girls went in there. Their dresses came in early than expected & everyone we interacted with were super nice! The only downside is that they don't (or didn't) have a wide variety of sizes. Luckily it wasn't a problem for my girls, they were measured & the dresses came in & fit them perfectly (just need hemmed!).

--------------------

My MOH got her wedding dress at House of Hilton... she liked the dress but realized that she paid WAY too much for it (she found it at another store in Ann Arbor for 1/2 the price). All the ladies there were very nice though.

--------------------

I got my dress and the BM dresses from the House of Hilton and I can't say enough good stuff about them. If you go there I'd specifically request Carol, she is the owner and has been incredible. I have heard bad reviews about the other ladies that work there. Thank god I ended up working with the owner.

--------------------

I love love love HOH. My dress came from there. I know that people have had bad experiences there but they were fine to me.

--------------------

I thought House of Hilton was just OK--they didn't have a large selection at all. The ladies were helpful though.

--------------------

One of my firends was on the fence about a dress last year when she was getting married and they actually gave her an ultimatum and told her she had to maek a decision on which dress she wanted to order within one day. I don't remember the details but it was very weird.

--------------------

They have way more bridesmaid dresses than bridal gowns. If you wear bigger than a 10 you won't be able to try anything on. The person who helped me was rude.

--------------------

I got lucky at House of Hilton, and what I found was the perfect dress. But they won't get an A rating from me when it was all said and done. I felt very outcasted because they had all of one designer I could choose from and the styles I have seen in some bridal magazines lately that I liked I was told flat out would look horrible on me. You know, maybe I wanted to see for myself!

My MOH was extremely pushy into me going there since she got her dress there and loved it. But I just felt so... fat there! Like, I was fat and I had a choice of 3 dresses and nothing else so don't ask. Luckily, I found an amazing dress there, though I admit I'm extremely scared to try it on and find out that I hate it hate it hate it since I didn't actually get to try it on, just had it pinned to me. We bought the dress that day, so it would get ordered.

--------------------

Ok I guess I will add my two cents. My MOH got married over a year ago and we got our dresses there. We were not happy with the service at all. One of the girls was preg. at the time we ordered the dresses, but was due well before the wedding. She is normally a size 14 and they made her order a size 20 (she hadn't put on hardly any weight at all during the pregnancy and when we ordered them she was in her 7th month). If my friend had not asked for a color swatch for the floist they would have ordered the wrong colors because they wrote down the wrong colors. Then a few days later they called and said they couldn't do something she had asked for as far as the colors. We were also disapointed because only 2 of us could try on dresses because most of the sizes they had there were 10 and smaller. Ok I am done. lol

--------------------


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home